Spotlight on Small Business
- Improving Government
Top Five Ways a Government Shutdown Could Affect You and Your Business
Impacts would include less funding for small business, travel delays, and cybersecurity risks.
By Thaddeus Swanek
The most prominent drivers are constant shifts in power in Washington, an increasingly partisan approach to lawmaking, and a willingness by both parties to pursue policy changes through regulation rather than legislation.
- Employment Policy
'Whole of Government' Support of Unions Is Harmful
The Biden administration's "whole of government" approach to promoting labor unions is harmful to workers, employers, and the economy, a new white paper from the U.S. Chamber finds.
Chamber OnDemand Highlights
Deep Dives on Workforce Data
We believe in the power of business to improve society and create a brighter future for people, communities, and our country.
- Americans Deserve a Transparent and Accountable FTCThe Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) recent actions are alarming and pose a serious threat to our economy.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Equality of Opportunity InitiativeThe EOI agenda advances real solutions through private sector initiatives, and policy advocacy at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Protect Main Street LendingStand with us to ensure your local businesses can access the resources they need to thrive.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization and network. Our members range from small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country to startups in fast-growing industries, leading industry associations, and global corporations.
For all the businesses and associations we represent, we are the only organization that optimizes the relationship between government and business at scale, across the economy, and around the world.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- Small BusinessCO— Strategy Studio: Why Good Accounting Matters at Tax TimeThursday, December 0712:00 PM EST - 12:30 PM EST
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and a coalition of business groups filed a lawsuit against the National Labor Relations Board over its new joint employer rule.
Your guide to shopping small on Small Business Saturday—and every day—to support and celebrate our nation’s small businesses this holiday season.
The Chamber is providing detail about the possible length of a shutdown and the implications for the business community and the economy so our members can prepare accordingly.
The U.S. Chamber and other Associations sent a letter to the National Security Council (NSC) and the National Economic Council (NEC) condemning the United States Trade Representative (USTR) for withdrawing its support for proposed World Trade Organization (WTO) disciplines that protect digital trade.
The court’s ruling is a significant win for employers who rely on ERISA preemption to allow them to provide uniform and affordable coverage to their workers.
Federal regulators are getting ready to implement new rules for banks. The result could be less credit and slower growth for American business.
This timeline shows the ways in which Chairwoman Khan has moved to silence dissent at the FTC and consolidated power in ways that call into question the independence of the agency.